Nes Artist Residency General Rules
Please read through the Nes Residency rules carefully and sign the bottom of the second page. These rules have been put in place in order to make your stay at the residency as positive and fulfilling as possible.
The granted residency period is from the first to the last day of the month.
Check-in is at any time during the day. Our residency coordinator, will meet you when you arrive. She will give you keys and show you where you will be living and working.
Please send us an email at least one week prior to arrival with your arrival information.
A 1 month residency fee must be paid upon acceptance (for stays of more than 1 month: we can allow the remaining months fees due no later than 3 months prior to arrival). The residency will not hold your residency placement until you have paid for your stay.
The residency fee is intended to cover the general cost of running the program. It does not constitute rent and the artist therefor does not obtain the legal status of tenant.
550 € The residency fee for a single room and one studio space for one visiting artist.
700 € The residency fee for a double room and one studio space for one visiting artist.
1000 € The residency fee for double occupancy room and two studio spaces for two visiting artists.
All cancellations after acceptance and payment incur a 50 euro administration fee.
In addition to the administration fee, our cancellation policy is as follows:
If you cancel 3 months prior to your stay then you receive a complete refund.
Cancellations between 3 and 2 months before your stay incur a 50% refund.
Cancellations between 2 and 1 months before your stay incur a 10% refund.
Cancellations 30 days or less before your residency incur no refund.
In understanding this policy:
To attend the residency some people need time and plan well in advance before attending Nes, we have to turn people away when we offer you your place and you confirm your stay with payment. Should you cancel with late notice, other artists who apply are stripped of this preparation time and even of the opportunity to attend. We are not always able to recover from loosing an artist.
Artists are allowed to have 1 guest come and stay with them for a few days for a minimal fee of 15 €/night. The residency should be informed of all guests before arrival. All guests are provided with bedding and a towel.
Artists must pay a 10.000 ISK room deposit upon arrival, which will be returned upon inspection at the end of your stay.
Artists are expected to keep their studios and houses clean in respect of other artists in a shared environment.
- Artists staying in the residency are responsible for keeping the apartments clean. There is a weekly rotating cleaning plan for the common areas. The common areas have to be cleaned properly, especially at the end of every month. The residency provides cleaning supplies.
- Please be considerate and tidy up after you have used the common areas. Do not leave dirty dishes on the tables or in the sink. Trash and recycling should be taken out regularly
- Please inform the residency coordinator about any damages or malfunctions in the apartments and studios.
- The power supply in the apartments and studio is 220 volts. Please use converters when using electric equipment with other voltage.
- Smoking is forbidden inside the apartments. The use of illegal drugs will not be tolerated.
- Loud noises are not allowed in the apartments after 10 pm. Disturbance and or drunkenness will result in eviction.
- Please remove all your remaining consumables or artist materials from your room, kitchen and bathroom when you leave. Then sweep.
- At the end of the month each artist is responsible for cleaning his own room. The bedding should be taken off and put on to wash in the machine, and hung out to dry the morning of departure.
- Parties are strictly forbidden in the studio, the studio is a work place and should be respected as such.
- Smoking is forbidden in the studio.
- Please do not use turpentine or any other solvents that give off strong odors. Lamp and linseed oil are good alternatives.
- The residency does not insure your artwork.
- Please use earphones when listening to music in the studio.
- The kitchen is a common area and everyone should help out in keeping it clean.
- Please paint the walls before departure if you left any residue or paint on the wall.
- At the end of the month each artist is responsible for cleaning his studio space. Please clean the table, sweep the floor and empty the shelves.
I hereby confirm that I have read and understood the Nes Artist Residency rules and that I agree to follow them.
Place and date Signature