Nes can provide 24/7 access to a private studio suitable for dancers, choreographers, performers, theatre-makers and musicians, as well as photography, sound and writers groups etc. The studio has polished wooden floors that are durable for dancers to jump on as well as move in and out of the floor easily.
Pauline May – performance artist
Canadian dancer Lydia Zimmer creating within the space.
Musicians have space to set up equipment and instruments, plus use as a small public performance space.
Gleb Kanasevich – clarinetist/composer
The Biopol private studio features:
- Polished wooden floors
- Carlsbro PA sound system (2 speakers) 150 watt
- Behringer Europower PMP2000 powered mixer: 800 watt / 10 channel
- Free Wi-fi access
- Small lounge area with chairs and coffee table
- Geo-thermal heating
- Natural light and windows throughout
- Views of the harbour and the town
- 1x portable Ballet Barre
- Kitchen facilities with coffee maker, kettle, refrigerator
- Toilet and hand basin
- Tables and chairs to use for computer work
- 24 hour access
If the BioPol studio is available and not booked by an artist or group then other onsite artists can access it on a day-to- day basis for a fee of 40 Euro per day.